Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fizzy Moon Finished!

Hey guys, well here I am again already and guess what....I have a finish for you all. Yes indeed I managed to get the last of the cross stitching in the flowers on Fizzy Moon completed and finished off the back stitching. He has now been ironed and photographed, so without further ado, here he is in all his cuteness.

Fizzy Moon Cross Stitch Finish, Fizzy Moon Teddy, Handmade, Hand Stitched, Cross Stitch Project, The World of Cross Stitching
Fizzy Moon Cross Stitch Finish, The World of Cross Stitching Issue 168

I am really happy with this project, the fabric just complements the piece so well and I love those beautiful purples. This was one of those occasions when I picked the chart and looking through my fabrics saw this and knew it would just be perfect. I so enjoy when that happens, all the elements just come together so easily, if only they all happened that way.

Fizzy Moon Cross Stitch Finish, Fizzy Moon Teddy, Handmade, Hand Stitched, Cross Stitch Project, The World of Cross Stitching
Fizzy Moon Cross Stitch Finsih - Close Up

I did initially have a small bit of trouble with the 2 white French knots in his eyes. It always takes me a few tries with these to remember the trick to them but once I get the first one, the rest are relatively simple. The back stitching on this, while time consuming, wasn't too troublesome due to the fabric being evenweave but I would not recommend anyone try a Fizzy Moon on Aida unless you have endless patience and fingertips like steel.

Now that this little guy is all done, he has been added to the rest of my completed pieces waiting to be used for.....something. I have no idea what it will be made into but I look forward to putting my creative brain to work on thinking something up for him. I have now moved onto Elegance of the Orient, the last post on which you can find HERE, way too long ago. I am eager to try and get this project finished as there is only the outline, detailing and some of the background blossoms left. If I can stick with it even for short periods every day I would think that I could finish it up pretty quickly.

Well that's all from me today, hope everyone is having a relaxing, creative weekend. See you guys soon.

26 comments:

  1. Congrats on the adorable finish, he really is so cute! Have fun on Elegance of the Orient, that one is so detailed too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I managed to get a little bit of time spent on Elegance so will have a post on that very soon.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the super cute finish. So glad your back to stitching and blogging.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Linda. I'm really happy to back to crafting and sharing with all you guys.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Vickie. He is just so adorable though, isn't he?

      Delete
  4. A cute finish and love the fabric you've used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Mii. I'm really happy that I decided to take the plunge into hand dyed fabrics as they are just so wonderful to stitch on for certain projects.

      Delete
  5. Awww he looks great! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for your comment. It feels great to have gotten this finished off and now onto the final stretch of Elegance....hopefully.

      Delete
  6. He's adorable! What a great finish.

    I'm now feeling very guilty about my Elegance of the Orient...mine ended up in the UFO pile. Yours looks gorgeous and you really don't have too much to do to finish her! Can't wait to see her completed ....and feel guilty yet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Rhona. My Elegance has been neglected for far too long. All that detail stitching is just so daunting, but I think if I just do a little bit everyday it will finish up nicely. Hopefully we will see yours come out of the dreaded pile again some day.

      Delete
  7. A beautiful finish! I love your fabric choice, it really sets off the colours in this lovely design.
    Glad to see that Elegance is back out too, it's a really stunning piece and I'm sure you will get back into it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Justine. I do love me some hand dyed fabrics, the trick is not to buy as many as I would like :D

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the finish! It's so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I'm happy to get this one added to the finish pile. Hopefully Elegance will follow it shortly.

      Delete
  9. Woohoo! A wonderful finish, and yes, I love that fabric as well. Glad the backstitch wasn't tedious and great advice about evenweave for these. I can't wait to see how Elegance goes for you. Fingers crossed it's an easy finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. To get that fuzzy look on the ted there is a lot of fractional backstitching which I find is just painful to do on Aida, both figuratively & actually as it hurts my fingers after a while. Hopefully Elegance will be making an appearance here very soon, so keep an eye out.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I'm looking forward to stitching some more of these in the future, I have a good number of them in my stash.

      Delete
  11. Congrats he's adorable! He'd be cute as a cube :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Heather. What a great suggestion! This could look really sweet as a cube. I still haven't gotten around to making my first ever cube finish so maybe this one will have to be it.

      Delete
  12. He is absolutely adorable. Congrats on the awesome finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment. I have a good number more of these teds in my stash so you might see more of these guys in the future.

      Delete
  13. I agree with you the fabric is perfect and really makes this little guy even more adorable. And I concur with you too on the evenweave versus aida for projects like this. Anytime a project comes with fractional stitches then I ditch the Aida the kit came with and buy some evenweave. Well done on a brilliantly finished Fizzy Moon. Can't wait to see what you do with him
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Fizzy Moon is just one of those really cute little bears, all the charts I have with him are super sweet. I think that I would probably do the same in future with kits with aida. I have no problem using it for minis with straight forward back stitching just nopt with fractionals.

      Delete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)